2 years ago
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Update on baby!
On August 26th, we found out that we are having a little girl and we are due January 4, 2010! We are so excited. And the boys are excited to look at the girl stuff, which they really haven't had any exposure to or noticed before. They are so cute. One day on our way home from school, we were talking about the baby and Antonio was asking a lot of questions about the birthing process. If it hurt, if I bleed, if the baby will bleed, what the doctor's job is. The he looked at me for moment, I could see tears welling up in his eyes. And getting choked up, he said "Mom, I want the baby to come now! I can't wait any longer. I want to hold our baby!" It made my heart melt! How precious and sweet! I explained that the baby would come when it was ready. We talked about the due date and that it wasn't a for sure thing. Could come sooner or later. We talked about how it takes time for the baby's body to grow and form correctly. But she would come out of my belly when she was ready.He understood that we needed to wait, and has now included in his prayers that the baby will be born December 3rd. It made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside, knowing that Antonio is excited and ready to give this baby a lot of love. I think it has made it more real for him since he has been able to feel the baby move. Ethan, on the other hand, is still kind of oblivious to what this all means and how it will affect our family. He doesn't ask any questions. He just knows that he will share his room with the baby, and gives us ideas for baby names, like Rocket Launcher. And he likes to touch my belly and kiss it. So that is it folks-we are having our little GIRL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment