Wednesday, April 15, 2009

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!

On Monday, the boys had their appointments with the doctor to get their physicals for sports this summer and for school next year. (They are gonna do baseball!) Well, everything was fine until it was shot time! Ethan was the only one that needed shots, but he needed 4. I tried and tried and tried to get him to cooperate! But when he wouldn't, the 2 nurses that were trying to help me had to call in a male nurse, to help us hold him down. The look of shear terror on his face and how he was shaking, just broke my heart. I know it was for his own good, but I hate traumatizing him! So it took 4 of us to hold him and he got 2 shots in each leg. Of course the whole time he is screaming and crying and yelling "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" So we got that done and over with. And I am helping Ethan pull his pants up, and try to comfort him, when I look over at Antonio. He was crying like he was the one that got shots! Proof that he really does love his brother, despite the little nit picking they do to each other! He was so sad for Ethan to hurt and be scared. So now I had 2 crying boys! And as we walked out of the clinic, people kept staring at us. I had to keep assuring Antonio that Ethan was fine. And I tried to make Ethan feel better, by reminding him that now he can go to school in August since he got his shots done. Today, being Wednesday, every where we go he tells people "I got shot at school!" And I have to correct him, "You got your shots so that you can go to school!" What an adventure a few shots turned out to be!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun dr visit! :) I'm sure they'll enjoy doing baseball! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited that you have a blog! The kids enjoy looking at the pictures on them. Dr visits are soooo fun!! My last dr wouldn't alow syblings to come to the visits when they got shots. It was a pain, but understandable!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how Ethan feels....I had to get a shot this week too. Love Grandpa Cruzan

    ReplyDelete